Echuca LibraryProject Type: New Building
Building Type: Standalone
Echuca Library was completed in 2012 and is a central community place that is warm, inviting, friendly and accessible. The building is respectful to the existing war memorial and to the natural environment.
- Single story with exceptional views of the riverine environment, as well as being a beautiful backdrop for the war memorial.
- Old wharf timber has been used as features on the outside, a magnificent ironbark canopy leading up to the entrance and an interesting book feature at the front.
- Indigenous artwork
- After hours access is achieved by having the meeting room at the front that can be closed off from the rest of the building.
- A beautifully appointed parents room which was funded by medicare customers.
Funding Grants & Contributions:
- $4.6 m Shire of Campaspe
- $20,000 Echuca Lions Club
- $50,000 Friends of the Library
- $500,000 Living Libraries Fund, State Government
|Library Name||Campaspe Regional Library Echuca|
|Organisation/ Council/ Shire Name||Campaspe|
|Type of Build||New Building|
|Architect or Designer||Brian Matheson, Perrot Lyon Matheson|
|Net Floor Area||1,300 sqm|
|Total Cost of Project||5.1 million, plus additional donations of $70,000|
|Energy Rating||4 Starts|
|Carpet & Floor Finishings||Choices Flooring Echuca|
|Furniture & Fittings||JR Richardson|
|Shelving||Eclipse, Access Interiors, Western Australia|
|Signage||Zahin Ali, Meza Signs|
|Fixed/Loose Joinery||Riverland Joinery – fixed, Polvere Kitchens Loose|
|AV Equipment||Lectern Australia|
|Awards & Recognition||Finalist Powercor Business Awards 2013. Project Management Association of Australia – Community Building Victoria. Pierre Gorman Project 2014, State Library of Victoria|